Thursday, July 15, 2010

Video of the Week: Wytches 2010.. (Isis Astarte Diana Hecate Demeter Kali Inanna...)

So in other non-WoW related news I have acquired a new microphone! Yay! I actually got this while visiting a friend in Amsterdam for cheaper than what it would have cost online (double yay!)

It's basically the one I had before (previous to the purple one): The Logitech Vantage.. you'll notice though that this one is black. It is in fact the one for the PS2/3 (it was all they had) but clearly it works with the xbox 360 as well.

Anyway this week's video is Wytches 2010 by Inkubus Sukkubus.
You can find it on the Rock Band Network for only 80 points. This song has been authored by Rock Gamer Studios.

The song seemed not too shabby from the preview on RGS's youtube and for 80 points it seemed worth picking up. I wasn't too in love with the vocals when I heard it.. the singer's voice is below the standard of what I'd consider great (but then again I'm spoiled by vocalists like Tarja Turunen and Heidi Parviainen) but it wasn't as bad as say Anette Olzon.

My sightread run went alright until I reached the end of the song.. well by end I mean it started half way through and repeated itself until the end of the song: "Isis Astarte Diana Hecate Demeter Kali Inanna..." Goddess I could barely pronounce.. Astarte and Hecate mainly.. repeated over and OVER AND OVER again (or chanted as you prefer).

After playing the song for a long, long time it grew on me. (I even modified its rating). I played the song over and over for more than an hour to try to achieve an FC (kept missing the word "circle" from the 2nd phrase), plus find a path and not miss the activations on it either.

I got the impression there were some early windows in this song which was extremely annoying.

So yes, the song has grown on me..

WYTCHES 2010

1 comment:

  1. Inkubus Sukkubus rocks for real! She is possibly one of the most beautiful women ever, and her voice just fits their music amazingly. i was really surprised when i found out they were on RBN, i didn't think they were that big, or that a Wiccan band would ever make it on rockband! and Astarte is Uh-Shtar-ti. and Hecate is Heck-ah-tay. you probably already got it by now, just thought i'd try to help :P

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Opinions? Questions?
Keep it respectful. Any spamming or rude comments may be deleted.