Friday, November 23, 2012

A Necessary Facelift

Unecessary Blogage got a necessary facelift today! Hopefully you like it as much as I do compared to the old look.

Updating my blog is really something I have been meaning to do for a long time now but never got around to.  I'm not so great with graphics, nor with HTML etc, so I kept trying to take the lazy way out and download templates. Everything I looked through though was either really ugly, really specific (specific video games etc), or just plain full of advertisement for the site I was looking at. So then I thought to just transfer everything over to WordPress as there were far more customization options, but while blog titles transferred the content of the blogs didn't. -_-  Then there was the problem of youtube videos not displaying properly without addons (I forgot about this when I used to admin a WP site before) and everything costing money to do anything. Eventually I just abandoned that idea (for now anyway).

After much frustration with downloadable templates I just decided to try Blogger's new customization tools and make a holder until I could work on something. But as I started working, I started seeing that I could do most of what I wanted to do anyway and just did it. I always wanted to make a real header for my blog but never got around to it either and today I just sat there and did it. Again, I'm not great with graphics and manipulation or anything, but I'm satisfied with the result and happy to find a new use for my Rock Band 2 avatar of myself (too bad Rock Band 3 doesn't give the hair style I need to pull it off again & there is no photomaker tool anymore).

I've also added Disqus comments! Yay! I'm hoping this will encourage more blog comments since Blogger's system is really primitive. We will see.

Anyway, I'm happy to have something a bit more to my style and a bit more original than the old template I had before.. everyone and their dog had that same look. I hope Unnecessary Blogage will be clear and easy to read while also being a little more pleasing on the eye. :)

2 comments:

Thoughts? Opinions? Questions?
Keep it respectful. Any spamming or rude comments may be deleted.