Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Video of the Week: Lionheart (RBN)

This week saw the release of TWO Amberian Dawn songs, Lionheart and Evil Inside Me.

I had intended to do both today but I ran out of time, so you only get one :p

Like Kokko, this song really wasn't one of my favorites to listen to.. again, not that I hated it.. just there were other songs I liked more. However, Lionheart has grown on me.. BIG TIME. I REALLY like it.. vocally it is fun, lyrically it is awesome.

I never pay too much attention to lyrics, I generally read through them once when I get the album and then they end up forgotten. However playing the songs on Rock Band
I end up learning the lyrics for obvious reasons.

Lionheart is a story about a lion goddess named Sekhmet, who brings destruction and death. Personally I used to love Egyptian mythlogy when I was younger but if you're curious to know more, here is this: Sekhmet- Wiki

And here are the lyrics
Fiercest hunter, Eye of Ra
lady of Slaughter, Lionheart.
Balm for her heart were destruction and death
deserts rose, from a lethal dose of her steaming breath!

She stalked the land with arrows of fire
From her bloodlust flooded the red Nile
Growing hunger and thirst lies within
as Pharaos ride with a might of hot desert winds.

Fearless goddess the
Lionheart
Sekhmet, Eye of Ra
Ablazing in a midday sun and heat of Sahara!

Hunger of the
Lionheart,
fiercest Daughter of Ra!
the Nile is running blood-red -
soothe the wildness of the lion goddess!

Cobra and sun disk on her crown
colour of blood red was her gown
Lioness deity with a grin
hunting for prey, in the light of the day she turns on and kills.

She slayed the mortals who plot against Ra
murdered the people around Sahara
Bloodthirsty deity was tricked with a sight
to drink from the Nile, abandon the fight and save humankind!

Fearless goddess the
Lionheart
Sekhmet, Eye of Ra
Ablazing in a midday sun and heat of Sahara!

Hunger of the
Lionheart
fiercest Daughter of Ra
Nile is running blood-red -
soothe the wildness of the lion goddess!

So, in the spirit of the song I had fun dressing my character up as this lion goddess to the best of Rock band's abilities and with my imagination. She has Egyptian style eye make up wears a red Egyptian-like (in my opinion) gown (again to the best of what is available in game) and covered in blood for her killings.

I really enjoy trying to match my characters with songs when I can, Rock Band Barbie is fun ;)

So yes, this song has grown on me.. I quite enjoy it and singing it. I think it came out rather well except for the mic distortion (typical) and am proud of myself. I also plan to upload an external audio-only version without Rock Band activations so you can hear my voice better without distortion and without wondering if it is me or Heidi (the original vocals bleed through in game).

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did playing it.

Lionheart- 100% Expert Vocals



Lionheart External Audio Recording without RB activations

3 comments:

  1. By the way Anex, did you know that Heidi wrote the lyrics BEFORE Tuomas made the music for this song ?

    I think until now, it's the only song they created this way ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know! But that is really interesting ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know! But that is really interesting ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Opinions? Questions?
Keep it respectful. Any spamming or rude comments may be deleted.